Kick off the new year at the Library! We provide so much more than just the items in our collection (though those are pretty great). Check out 23 of the fun, helpful, or productive things you can do at the Library this year, and ask any of our awesome staff for more information about everything the Library offers.
- Get your passport – The Library is a full-service Passport Application Acceptance Facility, which means that our trained staff can take your pictures and help with filling out the forms and forwarding paperwork to the U.S. State Department.
- Record your podcast – Our top-of-the-line podcasting equipment easily configures for up to two podcasters, and it’s super simple setup means that even beginners can master it quickly and easily.
- Check out toys for your kids (or yourself) – Did you know the Library has a collection of useful items that you can borrow? Including a sizeable collection of STEAM Learning tools and toys for young learners.
- Take control of your heart health – Now you can check out blood pressure monitoring kits for at-home use, thanks to a new partnership. Share that info with your doctor to make sure everything is ticking along like it should.
- Attend a storytime – Literacy is at the core of what we do, and our weekly storytimes are a great time to get your tiny reader engaged and ready to read!
- Schedule some crafting – We offer lots of classes and programs to introduce you to the tools available in our makerspace, but you can also schedule one-on-one time with our staff to get crafty in the Creation Station!
- Check out a bestseller – Our new and improved online catalog makes it easier than ever to find your next great read, be it a bestseller or a hidden indie. We’re always glad to offer personalized recommendations, as well.
- Notarize your important documents – Many of our staff are notary publics, so you can get your important documents notarized almost any time the Library is open for FREE.
- Join a book club – We offer regular book discussions for patrons of all ages. Stop by one (or all) of our book clubs, and grab a free copy of the book by stopping by the Library ahead of time.
- Research your family history – Access free online genealogy research tools, like Ancestry.com and HeritageQuest to learn more about the folks who came before you.
- Step aboard the bookmobile – Our bookmobile brings library services to patrons in far or underserved communities, supports access to community resources, and builds meaningful relationships that foster love for literacy and lifelong learning.
- Read or listen to books on your mobile device – with our virtual library and its app, Libby, you can access thousands of eBooks, eAudiobooks, and eMagazines on the go from your mobile device, and all for free.
- Grab some internet to take with you – Check out free mobile hotspots for at-home use just as you would check out any other item from the Library. The WiFi2Go mobile hotspot is easy to use – just turn it on, and you are ready to connect up to 15 devices to the internet.
- Spruce up your resume and cover letter – Learning Express Library offers tools like “Job & Career Accelerator,” a curated “Computer Skills Center,” and a “Career Center” to learn more about all different kinds of careers and their necessary exams and/or licensing. For free, you can use their step-by-step resume builder, access important test prep help, get interview tips and tricks, and search available schools and scholarships.
- Try out a new sport – Offered in partnership with the Wyoming Tennis Association, you can check out tennis kits, complete with 2 racquets, a pull string backpack, and the motivation you need to try out something new!
- Become a social media influencer – With our at-home backdrops, light rings, tripods, and cameras, you can check out everything you need from our Library of Things to start influencing others with your social media presence!
- Mend your favorite sweater – Lost a button? Pulled a zipper out? We can show you how to put it all back together with On the Mend! Bring your item you need help fixing and see what you can do to fix it. Join us in the Creation Station the 2nd Saturday of every month for this group crafting program.
- Check out some new videogames – Got a new video game console for Christmas? Check out tons of new Nintendo, PlayStation, and Xbox games from the Library to get playing.
- Record your next commercial – Our new Studio and video production equipment drastically simplifies the video production workflow, eliminating several time-consuming steps when creating your professional-grade video file.
- Grab a sticker – Stop by the Library to grab free vinyl stickers to plaster all over your car, water bottle, notebook and more to show your love for the Natrona County Library and reading!
- Grow your business – Thinking of opening up shop? Let us help. Looking to grow your existing small business? We can help with that, too. Our online tools and in-house know-how are great resources for entrepreneurs, start-ups, business owners, and more.
- Start a book club – Looking for an excuse to get your friends together on a regular basis? Start your own book club and offer everyone in the group a free copy of the book with our handy dandy Book Club Kits, available for checkout.
- Explore items from across the state – As a library card holder, you have access to the collections of every library in Wyoming – that’s a lot! So if we don’t have what you need, we probably know somebody who will. Let us know what you want, and we’ll request it via Interlibrary Loan.
Get free books mailed to your kids – Inspire your child’s love of reading with Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library, a book gifting program that mails free, high-quality books to children from birth to age five, offered in partnership with the Natrona Collective Health Trust.