Get Your Passport at the Library
The Natrona County Library is a full-service Passport Application Acceptance Facility. Trained staff can help with filling out the forms and forwarding paperwork to the U.S. State Department, but you must book an appointment with us ahead of time. Available services:
- Passport book and card application acceptance
- Expedited passport book services (no overnight delivery)
- As part of our passport application processing service, the library is not currently charging for passport photos; however, we limit photo services to those individuals we assist with applications.
If you are planning to travel in 14 days or less, you must apply for a passport in person at a U.S. Passport Agency or Center. You must make an appointment in advance by calling 877-487-2778.
General Passport Information
For online application forms, full documentation requirements, fees and travel warnings, visit the U.S. Department of State website or call 1-877-487-2778. Printed application forms are also available at the Library free of charge.
Where do I go?
Natrona County Library Main Branch
307 E 2nd Street
Casper, WY 82601
Passport services are available during open hours by appointment only. Book your appointment online or call 577-7323.
Please note: The passport application process can take 20-60 minutes per applicant. You may be asked to return at another time if the passport acceptance agent cannot complete your application prior to closing.
What To Bring
Since this is your first passport, you must apply in person. You’ll need the following items:
- Two copies of a color passport photo. Learn more about passport photo requirements.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship, such as a birth certificate or naturalization certificate. Original or certified copies only, no photocopies.
- Current proof of identity, such as a Wyoming driver’s license.
Visit travel.state.gov for other acceptable forms of proof of citizenship and identity.
Natrona County Library Fees
NCL fees may be paid with check or money order in the exact amount made payable to Natrona County.
Checks and money orders must be separate from payments made to the State Department. In other words, payments to the Library and the State Department cannot be combined into one check or money order.
- $35 application for each passport application submitted (if a check, payable to Natrona County Library).
- All passport acceptance facilities have standardized fees. All fees are non-refundable.
*Processing times are estimates and may vary depending on the season. Processing times begin the day your application is received at a passport agency or center, not the day you mail your application or apply for a passport at a local acceptance facility. Visit travel.state.gov for actual processing time.
- U.S. Department of State Passports website
- If you can’t find your answer online, please call 307-577-7323, or email the Reference desk.
Department of State Fees
Amounts vary depending on the product you need. See the chart below. Department of State passport fees are payable by check or money order ONLY. A separate check, payable to the Department of State, is required for each application.
|Product||Cost (does not include NCL fees)||Processing Time*|
|Passport book: age 16 and over||$130||10-13 weeks|
|Passport book: age 15 and under||$100||10-13 weeks|
|Expedited passport book: age 16 and over||$190 ($130 + $60 fee for expedited service)||8-10 weeks|
|Expedited passport book: age 15 and under||$160 ($100 + $60 fee for expedited service)||8-10 weeks|
|Passport card: age 16 and over||$30||10-13 weeks|
|Passport card: age 15 and under||$15||10-13 weeks|
|Expedited passport card: age 16 and over||$90 ($30 + $60 fee for expedited service)||8-10 weeks|
|Expedited passport card: age 15 and under||$75 ($15 + $60 fee for expedited service)||8-10 weeks|