Driven to Read
The new Natrona County Library bookmobile delivers information, ideas, & excitement!
Our new bookmobile brings library services to patrons in far or underserved communities, supports access to community resources, and builds meaningful relationships that foster love for literacy and lifelong learning.
The 2020/2021 project was made possible through the support of:
- The Masterson Family Foundation and the Kelly Foundation, whose donations funded the bookmobile wrap
- Natrona County and the City of Casper through optional 1¢ funds to purchase the new bookmobile
For ages 0 to 7, the bookmobile focuses on increasing early literacy—particularly preschool and daycare visits—through storytelling, engaging parents in the process, and equipping caretakers with the tools they need to help their children succeed.
For school age children and teens, the bookmobile focuses on providing access and materials that promote excitement, increase curiosity, and boost imagination.
For adults and families with children, the bookmobile offers a variety of ways to experience community libraries.
For senior adults, the bookmobile focuses on increasing access not only to the library but also to the rest of the community, resources, and activities.
The service model for the bookmobile is based upon the following principles:
- Portability: Bringing information, ideas, and excitement outside of our walls to underserved communities through on-board browsing and lobby stops.
- Accessibility: Providing resources to patrons of diverse ages, languages, abilities, and backgrounds while introducing new users to their library.
- Flexibility: Offering a library collection that is tailored specifically for the audience at the bookmobile’s destination.
- Representation: The stunning new wrap is representative of what makes our community so special: the great outdoors.
- Education: StoryTimes, classroom & teacher library cards, digital resource assistance, and more.
- Senior services: Large-print collection, troubleshooting with technology, etc.
- Community stops: Specialized programming and collection access to organizations and public locations throughout the community.
- Remote or underserved locations: Pick up materials that have been placed on hold or from interlibrary loan, return checked-out materials, access to technology and Wi-Fi service, and more.
Our bookmobile patrons receive the same amazing service they have come to expect at the Natrona County Library, including the ability to ask reference questions, request materials, and apply for a library card.
Our Bookmobile Operators are:
- Lee Tschetter, Bookmobile Coordinator & Driver
- Lorene Peterson, Youth/Teen Services Coordinator & Part-Time Bookmobile Driver