Evenings and weekends required
Natrona County Library is seeking a skilled, confident individual who is passionate and eager to deliver services and programs; to help answer patrons’ research questions, suggest materials to read, teach about library resources and provide dynamic customer service to patrons.
The successful applicant should be able to:
- Plan and implement programs for specific target audiences.
- Speak and work effectively with the public and other staff.
- Understand and effectively communicate value of library services.
- Confidently interact with patrons for a variety of reasons, including in order to transfer knowledge and skills to patrons in group and 1:1 settings, and to redirect patron behavior as needed.
- Provide resolutions to patron problems with computers, E-readers, mobile devices and software.
- Lead book discussion groups, Creation Station programs and other programs and classes.
Must have superior customer service skills. This position requires a high level of technology skills. (e.g. computers, software, media devices, troubleshooting computer/device issues, teaching others.)
Full Job Description can be found here: https://www.natronacountylibrary.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Adult-Services-Specialist-2021.pdf
Bachelor’s Degree and library/customer service/retail experience.
1. Complete an NCL application. Access the online form and submit your application here: www.natronacountylibrary.org/employment-application/
2. Be sure to attach both a resume and a letter of interest to your online application (option to attach documents is as the very bottom of the form).
- Applications deadline is July 30, 2021.
- Review of applications will begin after that.
- Applicants will receive an email confirmation within 72 hours that their application was received.
- Please no phone calls or visits regarding the status of an application. Thank you.
$2,914/month. This is a non-exempt, benefited position.
Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and background check.
The hiring committee will contact applicants who are selected for further testing or interviews. As a courtesy, we notify all applicants when a position is filled.