Youth Services Specialist – Part-time (20 hours/week)
Do you enjoy working with children of all ages? Do you love sharing the joy of reading with kids? Do you like to create fun? Do you have strong technology and customer service skills? Are you a team player?
NCPL is seeking a part time Youth Services Specialist to join our dynamic team. This position will primarily work with families and children birth to sixth grade.
- Provides dynamic customer experiences
- Assembles and arranges displays of books and other library materials
- Provides assistance in ensuring patrons are provided with quality library services
- Discharges and sorts library materials and other related circulation functions
- Sorts, shelves, and assists with maintaining library materials
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
This position will primarily provide desk coverage in the children’s area during the evenings and weekend.
Must have superior customer service and demonstrated technology and computer skills. Knowledge of Children’s literature preferred. Bachelor’s Degree, customer service/retail experience, and two years youth services (birth to sixth grade) experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please submit letter of interest, NCPL application, and resume.
Applications accepted through September 20, 2019
Applicants will receive confirmation that their application was received within 72 hours. Hiring process can take up to 4-6 weeks, depending on the number of applicants.
Evenings and weekends required.
(Approximate hours: Evenings until 7pm, Saturday 8-5 and Sundays 12-5)
Non-exempt, benefited position.
Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and background check.