Library Assistant – Circulation
Do you enjoy working with people and have strong technology and customer service skills? Are you a team player? NCPL is seeking an individual to help provide dynamic customer experiences.
This position requires scheduling flexibility to include day, evening and weekend shifts.
- Provides customer service to library patrons including checking books in and out, processing materials requests, and placing items on reserve.
- Routinely answers a variety of patron questions,
- Processes library card registrations and issues library cards to patrons. Receives and collects library fines for late and/or damaged library materials.
- Responds to inquiries and assists patrons in locating books and other library items.
- Monitors and empties book drop; inspects items for damage.
- Sorts, shelves, and assists with maintaining library materials.
- Assists patrons in use of electronic equipment.
- Answers phones.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred, and one year customer service, retail, or public library experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have superior customer service and demonstrate technology and computer skills.
Applications accepted through May 24, 2019.
$2,371/month. This is a full-time, non-exempt, benefited position.
Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and background check.