Whether you’re into dot journaling or prepping for another virtual conference, you can jot down the important details in your own notebook. This easy brown bag notebook can be made in less than five minutes! Throughout the month of September, these Take & Make Brown Bag Notebooks kits for adults will be available for pickup at the main floor service desk during our normal business hours. Grab your scissors, and everything else is in the kit!
We miss our book club gatherings and even though we can’t get together like we used to, we want to invite all book club participants to join us for the new B.YO.B (Bring Your Own Book) Book Club. Keeping with the (seemingly) ongoing theme of 2020, we’re going to do things a little bit differently. Not only will it be held virtually via Zoom, we’re also going to let you pick the book! All participants are invited to share what they’re currently reading, a past favorite, or to simply come get some great recommendations. Camera and audio participation on Zoom is optional. This book club will be held on the last Wednesday of every month at 6:30 PM at this link: https://bit.ly/2CgZqem. Join us as we gather together to chat about the one thing we know won’t let us down no matter what’s going on around us; good books. No registration is required.
Attend a talk on Johnny Cash with James Garner at Natrona County Library on on Wednesday, September 23rd at 6:30 pm in the library’s Crawford Room. James Garner’s Tribune to Johnny Cash celebrates the life and music of the legendary ‘Man in Black.’ Join us to hear about Johnny Cash and about James’ carrying on the music and story of that legend. Seating is limited due to social distancing guidelines. Call 307-577-7323 for more information.
Co-Sponsored by Hilltop National Bank, Natrona County Library, The Bon Agency Insurance/Des & Carrie Bennion Family and KCWY-13. Partial funding is from the Wyoming Community Foundation – Casper Area, and the Wyoming Arts Council through the National Endowment for the Arts and the Wyoming State Legislature.
- Create an edible work of art inspired by your favorite book or author.
- Creations can be from the title, characters, plot, or author
- Have fun with puns or create something in the shape of a book.
- Entries may be made from anything that is edible (cake, bread, crackers, gelatin, fruit, vegetables, candy, etc.) as long as it can be displayed for a few hours without melting or spoiling.
- Let your imagination run free!
- Bring your book for display with your creation or use a library copy.
- Participation is open to all members of the community.