Homeschooling your kids? We know how tough it can be to find good resources for keeping young minds engaged and learning. Check out this collection of online and digital teaching and learning tools, and be sure to check back often as we are adding new items regularly.
Resources and Databases provided by Natrona County Library and Wyoming State Library
Connect with live, expert tutors from 2:00-9:00 pm, 7 days a week. Submit a paper for review, get help on a math question, take practice tests, and more. Create an account to save sessions for later review.
Continue learning with eBooks covering top curriculum subjects, including science, math, government, health, and history.
BookFlix is an exciting online literacy resource that pairs interactive, fictional video storybooks with related nonfiction eBooks. BookFlix engages young students, reinforces reading skills, and introduces early readers to a world of knowledge and exploration.
The LearningExpress suite of highly-acclaimed eLearning solutions provides interactive tutorials, practice tests, e-books, flashcards and articles for academic skill-building, standardized test preparation, career development and more.
Free Online Resources
A nonprofit with the mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Khan Academy is offering daily schedules for students ages 2-18, as well as remote learning resources. Find courses by grade or subject.
Are you curious? Wonder how and why things work? The Sci Show was created by Hank Green and explores all ranges of science. Four channels are available: Sci Show, Sci Show Kids, Sci Show Psych, and Sci Show Space.
Created by John and Hank Green, Crash Course provides videos for high school and college level fun, quality learning, on topics related to history, science, finance and more. They also have Crash Course Kids, which has 5th grade level videos on different science topics.
What are my options?
Learn what the Wyoming Department of Education and the law require for homeschooling. The page also includes links to home school resources.
The Wyoming Department of Education provides the content and performance standards for nine subject areas.
Curriculum and resources provided by subject area.
Learn what options are available statewide and by individual school district for grades K-12.
Additional (Fun!) Online Learning Tools
- Steve Spangler Experiment Library: try exciting science experiments with the master of science fun!
- Dav Pilkey At Home (from Scholastic): enjoy learning to draw Dog Man, Petey, and learn more about the author.
- Common Sense Media’s “Best Typing Games for Students”
- The Science Zone’s “Daily Dose of Science”
- KidLit at Home (from KidLitTV): a free online destination that curates video content from children’s book creators across the web.
- Read Along (story-times) with PBS KIDS!
- Zoo to You: Virtual Safari, from the Denver Zoo
- Scientists in Action, from the Denver Museum of Nature & Science
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems
- 16 Card Games That Will Turn Your Students Into Math Aces
- 12 Famous Museums Offer Virtual Tours You Can Take on Your Couch