WIRELESS INTERNET ACCESS (WIFI)
Free wireless Internet access is available throughout the main library in downtown Casper. Choose the network called NCPL Public.
Computer terminals are available to all library users on a first come, first served basis. These computers are equipped with Internet access and many basic software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Skype, Dropbox, Edge, Google Chrome and Firefox.
At the main library, computers are located in the Tech Center on the main floor, and in the Reference area on 2nd floor. Computers for youth (with filtered Internet access) are available in the Children’s Department and Teen Zone.
- You will need a Library Card Number and PIN
- Visitors may print a temporary computer pass at the SmartPay kiosk in the Tech Center or on 2nd floor
- Color printers are available to library computer users. Prints cost 10 cents per page and may be paid for at the SmartPay kiosk.
For computer assistance, please see the librarians on the 2nd floor.
Need to take a laptop into one of our small meeting spaces, but don’t have a laptop of your own? Chromebooks are now available for checkout at the 2nd floor reference desk for in-library use.
Checking out a Chromebook:
- To check out a Chromebook, you must have an adult library card in good standing. Please see the 2nd floor reference desk for checkout options if you do not have a library card.
- Chromebooks can be checked out for up to 4 hours at a time, once per day. There is no charge to check out.
- Please contact us to reserve a Chromebook for a specific day and time.
- Please return the Chromebook on time as others may be waiting to use it.
- The replacement charge for a lost, damaged or stolen Chromebook is $500. This amount will be reported to a collection agency.
Chromebooks should never leave the building or be left unattended. Removal of the device constitutes theft, for which the library may prosecute. Patrons are responsible for any damage that occurs to the Chromebook while it is checked out to them, including theft from inside the library if left unattended.
Files stored on each Chromebook are automatically deleted when the device is powered off or the session is ended. We strongly recommend using a USB flash drive or cloud storage like Google Drive, OneDrive, or Dropbox to store your files.
Printing: Chromebooks can print using the Library’s Wireless Printing service. See the 2nd floor reference desk for more information.
Copy machines are located on the main floor near the building’s south entrance (atrium), and on the 2nd floor across from the elevator.
- Black & white copies – 10 cents per page
- Color copies – 25 cents per page
A self-serve fax machine is available on the 2nd floor of the main library. Users may use a credit card via the machine, or purchase a cash card at the Reference desk. Prices are as follows:
- $1.75 – first page
- $1.00 – following pages
- $1.00 – per page
- Library Fax # (307) 266-3734
- Received faxes may be picked up at the Reference desk