BOARD OF TRUSTEES
The Board consists of five members, each appointed by the Board of County Commissioners for a term of three years.
CLICK HERE TO EMAIL THE BOARD
Advocating for literacy, education and a thriving community
- Door to Learning and Literacy
- Popular Materials Library
- Education Support Center (Elementary & Secondary)
- Reference Library
DUTIES OF THE LIBRARY BOARD
“The control, use and disposition of the county library fund is entrusted to the county Library board of directors which shall budget and expend the fund for the maintenance, operation and promotion of the county library and county library system in order to carry out the informational, educational, cultural and recreational role of the county library.” (W.S. Section 18-7-103a)
THE LIBRARY BOARD SHALL:
- employ a competent and qualified director (County Librarian);
- through the Director, supervise and maintain buildings and grounds of the library;
- approve the budget, approve all vouchers, and make sure that adequate funds are allocated to finance the approved budget;
- establish and periodically review the policies governing the operations of the library; and
- provide adequate insurance protection and risk management procedures.
WE WELCOME YOUR INPUT
The Board of Trustees meets the second Wednesday of each month at 5 p.m. in the Boardroom at the Main Library. All meetings are open to the public, and we welcome your input into the services your library provides. Call (307) 577-7323 for details about the next meeting or email the Board.