Lend a Hand
Do you have a special area of interest at the library? Would you like to help make it a more useable, friendly place? Could you give a few hours each week or each month?
If so, WE WANT YOU!
Are you looking for ways to get involved at the library? We have both short- and long-term projects to fit your schedule. Volunteers receive orientation and training, and work under the supervision of library staff. Some jobs can be done seated, others can be done at home or on the computer, and some require special skills. We will match your time and talents to the best task.
Some of the areas where we need help are:
- Adopt a Shelf. Choose a section and help to keep it neat and in order.
- Staff Aide. Help with mailings, finding items on hold, calling patrons about holds, emptying the book drop, cleaning and other tasks.
- Programs and Events. Assist with programs, special events or computer classes.
- Artistic Help. Design a bulletin board, update calendars or assist with a project.
- Media Attendant. Help with book repairs or clean movies and children's books.
- Help with a New Library.
- Friends of the Library. Help with book sales, recycling, outreach or special events.
We have tasks for people of all ages, interests, and talents. We will work with you to make this a worthwhile use of your precious volunteer time!
To get started, please download a volunteer application (choose the adult form or teen form), stop by the circulation desk and fill out a volunteer form, or contact the Volunteer Coordinator by calling 307-577-READ.
Thank you for your interest!